Your first email’s on the way (so you should go check your inbox).
If you’re looking to get a
quickstart braindump, here’s some of my best stuff on raising money for your startup:
- There are only 2 stages to any company
- How to avoid screwing up your first meeting
- Cold emails: one change that gets 200% better conversions
- Overcoming the odds: How to get into the best accelerators
- Shark Tank is not real life
- The real risk
- The hardest part of investing everywhere else
- Control your narrative
- Everyone else isn’t dumb
- Naming your round is a bad idea
- How to raise money (from me) in 2017
- How to take advantage of investor meetings
- How professional investors make decisions.
- Fundraising don’ts.
- Skip the local investors (first).
- Stop chasing money, it just makes you look desperate.
- The four numbers you need to have handy if you *ever* want to raise money.
- What ‘power’ means today.
- Early stage investing is emotional.
- Why investors outside your hometown don’t take your calls.
- No one funds ideas anymore.
- Founders should look at more deals.
- The problem isn’t local investors, it’s you.
- It’s the same everywhere.
- Tactical Tips for Taking Advantage of Demo Days or Any Other Investor Hotspots
- Rocking Out Your AngelList Profile