- Select the strategy: Looking for an underserved market.
- Connect to customers: The social network as idea collector.
- Generate ideas: Brain-storming done right.
- Select an idea: Time to separate the good from the great.
- Prototype and test: Bring on the customers.
- Go to market: Cookies versus cookie dough.
- Adjust for growth: The process evolves.
One line especially jumped out at me because it applies to you and me:
It’s not about brilliance. Valuable new ideas are the product of hard work and smart, disciplined processes.
I’ve read a couple of Ram’s books but two of my favorites are “Profitable Growth Is Everyone’s Business: 10 Tools You Can Use Monday Morning” and “What the CEO Wants You to Know : How Your Company Really Works”. Definitely worth picking up.