- Select the strategy: Looking for an underserved market.
- **Connect to customers: **The social network as idea collector.
- **Generate ideas: **Brain-storming done right.
- **Select an idea: **Time to separate the good from the great.
- Prototype and test: Bring on the customers.
- **Go to market: **Cookies versus cookie dough.
- **Adjust for growth: **The process evolves.
One of my favorite lines from the article applies not only to companies but to you and me as well:
It’s not about brilliance. Valuable new ideas are the product of hard work and smart, disciplined processes.