We started the tech tour in early 2016 with the idea that we needed to spend more time visiting places that other investors weren’t visiting — specifically, places that might require 1-2 connecting flights if you’re coming from the coasts.
Since then, we visited 94 startup communities across the US and Canada over 2016 and 2017. Ninety four. (And, in case you’re wondering, that’s about 100,000 road miles with half of that hauling an Airstream behind us.)
A funny thing happened in the process: many of our friends from the coasts decided to come along.
We had investors looking for new deal flow, community leaders wanting to see how others do it all and entrepreneurs trying to grow/give back/connect.
You can visit startup communities across the US & Canada with us.
The North American Tech Tour is designed for startups, investors, community leaders and executives to learn about fast-growing technology hubs all around the United States and Canada. Past stops included places such as Butte, MT, Albuquerque, NM, Syracuse, NY, Waterloo, ON, Des Moines, IA, Kelowna, BC, Columbus, OH, Fargo, ND and many more.
This is the best way to sit down with 20-40 handpicked startups and get your brand in front of 600-1,000 entrepreneurs in each city we visit.
A few of the confirmed stops for the 2018 tour:
- Stillwater, OK: March 6 – 9
- Cedar Falls, IA: April 2 – 4
- Bloomington, IN: April 6 – 7
- Athens, GA: April 10 – 12
- Minneapolis, MN: April 17 – 19
- Oklahoma City, OK: April 24 – 26
- Peoria, IL: April 30 – May 2
- Binghamton, NY: May 4 – 5
- Groton, CT: May 8- 10
- Greenville, SC: May 14 – 17
- Manchester, NH: May 29 – June 1
- Little Rock, AR: June 5 – 7
- Charleston, SC: June 12 – 14
- Calgary, AB: June 26 – 28
- Los Angeles, CA: August 14 – 16
- New Mexico: August 21 – 23
- Nashville, TN: August 28 – 30
- Phoenix, AZ: September 5 – 7
- Rhinebeck, NY: September 12 – 14
- Des Moines, IA: September 18 – 20
- Vancouver, BC: September 25 – 27
- Kelowna, BC: October 4 – 6
- Fort Wayne, IN: October 16 – 18
- Lincoln, NE: October 23 – 25
- Danville, VA: November 6 – 8
- Wilmington, NC: November 9 – 10
- Chico, CA: Dec 4 – 6
And a few more that we’re locking down soon…
Questions? Ping email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I can’t go to all the cities?
A: Not a problem! Even if you just come to one of the cities, you’ll learn more than you realize.
Q: What does a typical tech tour week look like?
A: You’ll usually arrive in each city on Monday evening and depart on Friday morning. While you’re on the ground, you’ll tour the city with elected officials, sit down for 1:1 office hours with local entrepreneurs, join workshops / roundtables with local investors / corporate executives and get to know your fellow tour attendees over private after-hours events.
Q: What if I can’t carve out enough time to stay the entire week?
A: Not a problem, we’ll maximize your time on the ground. You won’t leave without getting value out of the trip for yourself while creating a lot of value for the local tech community as well.
Q: How much does this all cost?
A: It varies by city. You’ll pay for your own flight to/from each city and we’ll sort out all the other logistics for you while you’re on the ground with us.
Q: Do I sleep in the Airstream?
A. Nope but you’re welcome to stop by for coffee in the mornings. We’ll get you a comfy hotel room for your stay.